In the Spirit of Christ and with a sense of personal mission, the Team Lead for Young Adults with Families Team Lead is called to a high degree of personal initiative and judgment to organize and implement discipleship and ministry opportunities for and with young adults with families. Serves to delegate, recruit, and help train new leaders in these areas and helps maintain a safe space for families to thrive.
General – Planning (4 hours)
- Meet weekly with the pastor to brainstorm, strategize, and organize.
- Oversee the ministries of child- and youth-specific volunteers
- Research and help provide resources for such volunteers
- Maintain accurate files in the church office for Safe Sanctuaries and clearances for all volunteers with children and youth
- Help recruit, train, and provide resources for new and existing volunteers
- Help implement and organize several new programs including: Junior High Youth Group, and others as needed
- Advocate to the congregation the importance of children and youth discipleship
Specific Tasks (8 hours)
- Check in monthly with other teams within the church
- Check in at least once-a-quarter with leaders of “seasonal” children or youth ministries: like VBS, Kids Café, Trunk-n-Treat, etc.
- Review once-a-month the church database for clearances and background checks to identify who will soon need renewal
- Subscribe to and weekly check District and Conference news sources (i.e. QuickLink, District Newsletter) for relevant resources related to children and youth
- Be present Sunday mornings
- Be available to assist with Children & Youth Teams
- Attend meetings for leaders of the church, as might be determined by the pastor
- Coordinate in a timely manner with the church office and the newsletter volunteer on announcements and relevant information
- Speak well of and fully support the mission, vision, and values of Watsontown UMC
The pastor will help provide resources for you as best as possible to perform the job effectively; this may include recommending time spent with leaders of other local Methodist churches.
People and Agencies
Audrey Wilder, Young Peoples Ministry Director, firstname.lastname@example.org, 303 Mulberry Drive, Mechanicsburg, PA 17050-3179; (717) 766-7441 ext 3604.
Young People’s Ministry – This is the Children, Youth, and Young Adult branch of the Susquehanna Conference’s Connectional Ministries; https://www.facebook.com/igniteyoungpeople
Discovery Place – This is a free ministry and curriculum resource center staffed and operated by the Susquehanna Conference; www.discovery-place.org
This is a part-time position for up to 12 hours a week.
If you are interested in this position please email your resume to Pastor Brian Doyle: email@example.com