Good Evening Watsontown Family,
I understand that there are many different opinions relating to what our government leaders are asking us to do. For me I think it is most important to follow what God’s Holy Word tells us. Paul writes to the Romans, “All of you must obey those who rule over you. There are no authorities except the ones God has chosen. Those who now rule have been chosen by God. So whoever opposes the authorities opposes leaders whom God has appointed. Those who do that will be judged.” (Romans 13:1-2)
During this time we have an excellent opportunity to live this out.
In light of the latest requests and recommendations from the State and Federal Governments, we as the Watsontown United Methodist Family of Families do the following:
- Continue with the Fish Dinner as take out only. This is inline with our Governor’s mandate that bars are restaurants do take out only.
- Cancel all activities at our facilities, except for the Fish Dinner and online worship.
- Move to an online worship service via Facebook, this Sunday, March 22 and March 29 at 9:30.
- Resume normal activities March 31, unless otherwise directed.
Here are some ideas as to how you can help during this unique time:
- Call others in our family a few times a week, just to check in.
- Setup “meal trains” for those who may struggle with food scarcity during this time.
- Offering child care for a neighbor who will lose their job, and possibly much more, if they don’t go into work.
- Share links to online AA meetings, seeking to come alongside those who struggle with addiction.
Please share how you are being the hands and feet of Jesus to your neighbors, friends and even enemies in these anxious times?
If your interested in helping making sure our online worship works well please reach out to me.